Aloha kakou,
I'd like to start class today with a short introduction to this unit on Indigenous methods and methodologies. While this will be sort of "lecture-y," I want to open the space for us to talk story, tell stories and think about our own methods and methodological approaches.
Following that introduction, I'd like us to break into the following groups:
Heather, Hilina & Nioi (Alfred and Gaudry)
Megumi, Chris, Uili & Niko (Teaiwa and Native Pacific Cultural Studies)
Aaron, Ku'ulei & Kameha'ikū (Kikiloi and Kanahele)
Derek, Sammy & Woongbae (Warrior and the transnational)
In these groups, you will be coming up with different ways to frame a specific research project, based on the articles you read and on your own research interests. So, be prepared to either put on the table a topic you are researching or are interested in studying and talking about.
See you in a few hours...
No comments:
Post a Comment