Hey guys, sorry for the late post, but I just had two things I wanted to possibly explore on in class today.
In the beginning of part 11, an Indigenous Renaissance, the author talks about multiculturalism and it's problematic affects on Indigenous people and recognition/ distinction from minority groups. I never really saw multiculturalism as something that could harm Indigenous understanding. I'd like to hear others thought about this and if/ how this affects us in Hawaiʻi.
I would also like to look at the idea of the Fourth World, mentioned in the conclusion. There are 4 parts mentioned on pg. 200 and the author furthermore states that the loss of one of these parts can threaten the survival of a group. I was wondering what others thought about this concept and 1)if we could consider Hawaiʻi as part of this or 2) how Hawaiʻi would be affected if one of the parts were taken away.
mahalo
No comments:
Post a Comment