Friday, October 5, 2012

Clarity On Citing Sources

Aloha mai kākou!

Since I forgot to mention in our last class, just for clarification, and I should have stated this in my blog "CAUSE I'M A WARRIOR", but I want everyone to know that each article I choose to blog here, if I am citing her/his work I will only add quotation marks without including page numbers or footnote, UNLESS if it helps you that I specifically point them ALL out.  However, if I will use a quote from a different author from another source that's not from the author, then I will footnote it.  Is that alright with you?  I humbly appreciate your feedback.  Either way works for me.  I just don't want readers to think Iʻm not citing the source.  But I am. I just prefer to use it in quotation marks only.

Mahalo nui

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! Makes for a clean read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it helps to have the page numbers. can put them in parentheses or in the text, as others have done. no need footnote them. mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so just use mla style?

    cause what if i add other sources?

    ReplyDelete